How to Remove Unwanted Hair in just 5 Minutes
Unwanted hair is a cause of embarrassment for many. While you need to get rid of unwanted hair at hidden places like armpits for hygienic purposes and to get rid of body odor, the hair on your face, hands, legs etc. does not pose any risk to your health. But yes, these unwanted hair can be removed so that you feel confident enough to face people. Clean and clear skin is a dream of everyone and you are no exception. So, if you have decided to get rid of your unwanted hair and are researching about various techniques like laser, electrolysis, permanent waxing etc. you must try certain home remedies for hair removal for some days. You may succeed in saving a lots of money and getting rid of unwanted hair removal in an easy and cheap way.
HOME REMEDIES FOR UNWANTED HAIR REMOVAL
1. Raw Papaya Remedy for Unwanted Hair Removal
Papain is one of the active enzymes in papaya. It is capable of breaking down hair follicle and prohibit the growth of hair. Not only this makes your fine hair less noticeable but it also naturally exfoliate your skin to give it an inproved texture. Papaya is most suitable for sensitive skin. Thus, use raw papaya in one of these two ways to get rid of your unwanted hair permanently.
1st way of using raw papaya for unwanted hair removal
• Raw papaya paste- 1-2 tablespoons
• Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Make papaya paste by peeling and grinding raw papaya pieces.
- Mix turmeric powder with this raw papaya paste.
- Massage your face with this paste for about 15 minutes.
- Wash off with water.
- Do this once or twice a week.
2nd way of using raw papaya for unwanted hair removal
• Papaya powder- ¼ tablespoon OR Papaya paste- 1 tablespoon
• Turmeric powder- ¼ tablespoon
• Gram flour- ¼ tablespoon
• Aloe vera gel- 4 tablespoons
• Mustard oil- 2 tablespoons
• Essential oil (optional- lavender or any other)- 2 drops
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well to get a thick paste.
- Apply this paste to your body part in opposite direction of hair growth.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes or till it dries off.
- Take a clean cloth and rub in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- When all of the paste has been removed in this way, wash off with water and pat dry.
- Take a few drops of olive oil, moisturizer or baby oil and massage the skin with this.
- Repeat this thrice a week and continue for at least 3 months.
2. Turmeric for Unwanted Hair Removal
Turmeric has been used for ages in India for healthy clean glowing skin. This is because along with its antibacterial and anti inflammatory properties, turmeric also has this quality of preventing hair growth. While turmeric is used with many ingredients to remove unwanted hair, this is a simple remedy where turmeric can just be used with water or milk.
• Turmeric- 1-2 tsp (or enough to cover your body area with hair)
• Water or milk- enough to make paste.
- Soak turmeric powder in water or milk to make a paste which is not too tight but which can stay on your face.
- Apply this to your face.
- Leave for 15-20 minutes or till it dries up.
- Wash off with warm water.
However, this remedy is for those who have very little hair on face or other body parts. If you have denser hair, turmeric has to be used with some other ingredients like gram flour, rice flour or ground oats along with milk.
3. Chickpea Flour Mask for Unwanted Hair Removal
Chickpea flour, also known as gramflour and garbanzo beans flour, has been used traditionally in the Indian subcontinent for removing and preventing growth of unwanted body hair. Mothers use gramflour mixed with turmeric and water or milk on small babies’ face, hands and legs so that their skin remains soft, clean and hair free. You may also try this remedy for removing your unwanted hair.
• Chickpea flour- ½ bowl
• Milk- ½ bowl
• Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
• Fresh cream- 1 tsp (omit this if you have oily skin)
- Take the chickpea flour in a bowl.
- Add turmeric, milk and fresh cream to this and mix well to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on your face in the direction of your hair growth.
- Ensure you have all your hair covered.
- Leave it for about half an hour.
- After 30 minutes, start rubbing the flour mask with gentle hand in the opposite direction of your hair growth.
- If the paste has dried a lot, you may wet your fingers a little to rub your face.
- Afterwards, wash off your face with lukewarm water.
4. Sugar-Lemon Mix to Remove Unwanted Hair on Face
When you mix sugar with water, it acts as an excellent exfoliate due to its granular texture. Lemon juice in this mixture acts as an astringent. Lemon juice is also a natural bleach which lightens the color of your facial hair.
• Sugar- 2 tablespoons
• Fresh lemon juice- 2 teaspoons
• Water- 10 tablespoons
- Mix sugar, lemon juice and water.
- Sugar will dissolve, though not fully, in the water. There will be granular effect of sugar.
- Apply this to your face in the direction of hair growth.
- Leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with water while rubbing gently.
- Do this twice or thrice a week. After few weeks, you will see noticeable reduction in hair on your face.
5. Sugar-Lemon-Honey Mix to Remove Unwanted Hair on Arms, Legs
While sugar and lemon juice mixed with water can act as a good remedy for facial hair removal, the same sugar and lemon juice when mixed with honey can act as a good homemade wax like ingredient to remove unwanted hair from your other body parts like arms and legs. Rapidhomeremedies.com However, this can be a little painful process just like waxing done in a parlor because sugar mixed with honey acts as a sticky paste that is used to pluck the hair.
• Sugar- 1 tablespoon
• Honey- 1 tsp
• Lemon juice- 1 tsp
• Cornstarch or plain flour – 1-2 tsp
• Strip of cloth OR Waxing strip
• Vessel (to heat)- 1
• Waxing spatula or a butter knife
• Water (optional)- if needed to make the paste a little thinner
- Add honey and lemon juice with sugar and put them in the vessel.
- Heat the mixture to get a smooth paste. You may also use microwave oven for the purpose. If using microwave, heat it for about 3 minutes.
- If you see that the paste is getting too thick, use a little water too.
- Now let the mixture cool down to a temperature where it is still a little warm.
- Dust your body part having unwanted hair with some cornstarch or plain flour.
- Using the waxing spatula or butter knife, spread a thin layer of this warm mixture on your body part. Do this in the direction of the hair growth.
- Now immediately, cover the area with the cloth strip or waxing strip, press to stick it to the paste and pull in the opposite direction of the hair growth.
- This is a painful process to remove unwanted hair but is a natural one. If you want painless remedy, use chickpea flour remedy for removing hair, given earlier in this article.
6. Egg Mask for Removal of Unwanted Facial Hair
When it comes to stickiness, egg white is no less then sugar-honey. Egg white too dries off and sticks to your face and when you pull it, this mask will come up with hair on your face.
• Egg white- of 1 egg
• Sugar- 1 tablespoon
• Cornflour- ½ tablespoon
- Add sugar and cornflour with egg white.
- Beat till you get a smooth paste.
- Apply this egg mask to your face and let it dry.
- Once dried, it will become a thin mask attached to your face.
- Pull this egg mask with firm hand so that the hair too comes off with it. Watch though, pulling firmly doesn’t mean hurting yourself!
7. White Pepper- Camphor for Unwanted Hair Removal from Legs
As pepper and camphor both are strong and may have a burning sensation when applied on sensitive skin, this remedy is strictly for removing hair from legs. Some people recommend kerosene oil to be mixed with this mixture of camphor and pepper but it is a total no-no for at least two reasons. One, kerosene is highly inflammable and you may accidentally catch fire even form a little spark! Second, kerosene can damage your skin beyond repair! If you need, you can use almond oil but that’s totally optional.